Vegetable Detox Soup Recipe
Try this healthy and delicious Detox Vegetable Soup. It’s a great way to help you get back your body back on track after the holidays. If eating healthier is one of your goals for the New Year, this soup is an easy way to get you started.
This Vegetable Soup is packed with nutritious vegetables, immune-boosting herbs, and the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold day. One of the best parts is, this recipe can be made in one large pot in just 20 minutes. Less dishes makes the cleanup easier!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt diced tomatoes preferably organic
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Sea salt to the taste
- cracked black pepper to the taste
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- lemon juice from half of a small lemon
- parsely handful, chopped, per serving
- 1/2 tsp tumeric optional
1. In a large pot, add oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the turmeric and diced tomatoes.
2. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
3. Serve hot with chopped parsley.